It’s time to ring in the New Year, celebrating that another year has passed and hoping that the New Year will bring us all good health and fortune. Many people will be out celebrating the holiday with their loved ones, which is why it is so important to remember to stay safe tonight wherever you plan to be.
If you are planning on driving to a destination tonight to celebrate, be sure to remember the following safety tips which will protect your safety and the safety of others on the road:
- NEVER drink and drive. If you are planning on partaking, we suggest not driving at all and getting a ride share or taxi sorted to get you where you need to be. If you do drive to a friends house and partake in drinking, ask to spend the night until morning when you will be safe to drive home. When you drink and drive, you risk taking your own life and the lives of others.
- You may want to leave early to get to your destination to avoid heavy traffic in populated areas.
- If it is icy or snowing, be sure to drive a vehicle that can handle the weather conditions and won’t leave you stranded on the side of the road.
- Be extra careful for pedestrians on New Year’s Eve. There is typically an influx of pedestrians and it can be difficult to see at night.
- Drive slowly and safely. Watch for other cars and be aware of your surroundings on the road.
- When you park your car, be sure not to leave any valuables in sight to avoid car break ins which can peak during the holidays.
We hope that you stay safe and have fun this New Year’s Eve! We also hope to remain your top choice for auto care throughout 2020. Have a wonderful night and remember, please don’t drink and drive!