IMMEDIATE HIRING Full-Time Automotive Technician / Automotive Mechanic/Diesel Mechanic
- Perform work specified on maintenance and repair orders with efficiency and in accordance with company standards.
- Diagnose and repair vehicle automotive systems including engine, transmission, electrical, steering, suspension, braking, air conditioning, etc., to specifications.
- Provide labor and time estimates for additional automotive repairs.
- Explain mechanical diagnoses and required repairs in a non-technical manner to employees and customers.
- Inspect and test vehicles and record findings so that necessary repairs can be made.
- Diagnose issues based on analysis and testing.
- Perform routine service inspections or tests and complete standard maintenance jobs.
- Repair vehicles that run on gasoline and diesel fuels
- Operate specialty equipment such as analyzers, scanners and computers.
- Maintain cleanliness of vehicles while performing service or repairs.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years as a technician/mechanic
- Must have basic automotive hand tools.
- Working knowledge of shop equipment such as, diagnostic, air conditioning, battery tester, etc.
- Can drive both automatic and standard transmission vehicles.
- Must be neat, clean and have a professional appearance.
- Must be organized.
- Must be personable with the ability to pleasantly communicate with customers and co-workers.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must speak fluent English.
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Unrestricted, valid Florida driver’s license
- Must have a valid social security number.
- Must have never been arrested for sex crimes, theft related offenses or violent felonies.
- Ability to pass a drug test.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- A or B Technician
- Technical school training
- Light-duty diesel engine experience
- Ford, GM or Dodge specialty
- ASE Certified
- 609 Certified
- Full-time - 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Flexible – At least 1 Saturday per month 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Flat Rate - Pay is negotiable, dependent upon proven experience
- Sick & vacation time
- W-2 wage position
- Health Insurance - with 50% employer contribution
HOW TO APPLY:
In person - Pickup an application at FloState Auto Diesel Repair 1400 Hamlin Avenue Unit H in St. Cloud, Monday through Friday, between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Resumes are welcome; however, a completed application is required.
Fax or Email - Call 407-498-4204, provide an email or fax number for application.