Having good tires is more important than more car owners think. They are the only thing between you and the road, and they need to create the right amount of friction in order for you to properly control your vehicle. Worn down, under-inflated, or damaged tires can put your safety at risk, especially during certain driving conditions. This is why it is so important to pay attention to your tires and understand what signs indicate you need a new set.
Here are 5 signs that you need new tires:
- Tread wear - your vehicle's tire tread is what helps create friction with the road on a variety of different surfaces. When the tread is low, even just in one area of your tire, it makes it hard for the tire to actually grip the road. One way you can test tire tread is with a penny test. Place a penny into the tread of your tire with Lincoln's head facing down. If you can see the top of his head, your tread is dangerously low, and your tire should be replaced.
- Your car's tire pressure drops constantly - if you find that your tire pressure is low very often, there might be something wrong with your tires. Tire pressure is vital to its overall performance, so you may have some sort of damage or hole in your tire that isn't visible to the naked eye.
- You see bulges, cracks, or gouges in your tire - a bulge or crack can put you at risk for a tire blowout on the road.
- Your car vibrates while driving - vibrating under your seat while driving can indicate a tire or wheel alignment issue.
- You feel your car slipping or losing grip when turning - this is a sign of uneven tire wear, and can be dangerous on the road.
These are just some of the signs that you need a new set of tires. The best way to keep track of when you need tires is to have regular inspections and keep an eye on your vehicle's tread. If you notice that your tires look bald or worn out, new tires are more than likely needed.
If you feel you need new tires, we invite you into the experts here at FloState Auto Diesel Repair today!