The weather is getting warmer, and during this time of year a lot of us spend time taking trips and spending time outdoors in the sun. If you’re planning on going to the beach or taking a road trip during the next couple of months, here are some tips on how to protect your vehicle from the harshness of the warm weather:
- Have your car’s air conditioning system, cooling system, and belts and hoses inspected by an expert here at FloState Auto Diesel Repair. The A/C will be necessary for long drives in the heat. The cooling system also needs to be in top working condition to prevent your engine from overheating. Belts and hoses are also affected by the warm weather, so an inspection can prevent belts from snapping and hoses from breaking, which can cause breakdowns and lengthy repairs.
- Make sure that your vehicle’s tires have proper tire air pressure. An under inflated tire can cause decreased fuel efficiency and puts you at risk for tire blowouts. It is also vital to make sure you are current with your wheel alignments and rotations before you hit the road.
- If you have leather seats, we recommend investing in seat covers. This will keep you much more comfortable driving in the heat and it will protect your upholstery from sand, water, crumbs, and more.
- Drive safe when on the road by following speed limits and giving yourself plenty of room between other vehicles in front of you. Staying safe will protect your vehicle from excessive wear and tear, but will also ensure that you reach your destination without trouble.
- Park in shaded or covered areas when you can, especially if you will be parked overnight or more than a couple hours. The direct sun causes car paint to fade and also affects the interior of your vehicle. If parking inside of a structure or under a carport isn’t an option, keep an eye out for shaded places that may provide protection from the sun.
Regardless of your plans this summer, we hope that these tips to protect your vehicle from the sun will be helpful. If your vehicle is due for an inspection before you leave for your road trip, don’t hesitate to bring your vehicle into FloState Auto Diesel Repair for professional service today!