July 4th is a cherished day here in the United States when it comes to celebrating our freedom and getting together with family and friends. We know that Independence Day may look a little different this year considering the current pandemic, but you may still be planning on watching fireworks or BBQing with your household. Regardless of what your plans are, there will more than likely be many more vehicles on the road and a lot of people out celebrating. This is why it is important to prioritize your safety and do what you can to have a safe holiday celebration.
Read up on some of our tips on how to remain safe while celebrating July 4th this year:
- If you're planning on traveling far or using your vehicle a lot during the weekend, we recommend ensuring that your vehicle works at its best. Here at FloState Auto Diesel Repair, we offer pre-trip vehicle inspections to verify that your vehicle can handle the drive. If not, we help you take care of your vehicle's needs before you embark on your trip.
- July 4th is actually one of the most dangerous days in the United States to drive, mainly due to the increase of drunk drivers on the road. Stay alert and aware of your surroundings while on the road. There will be more traffic than usual and parking may be difficult to find. Know how to get to your destination and be sure to practice defensive driving.
- July 4th typically has an increase of alcohol consumption, so be sure to have a safe ride worked out to and from your destination. Never drink and drive, or allow an intoxicated person to drive you. We recommend planning someone in your group to be a designated driver or plan to get a ride either through a rideshare app or taxi. If you are unable to find a way to drive without drinking, find a place nearby where you can safely walk to your destination or celebrate at home.
- Only certain smaller fireworks are legal in certain areas, so understand your area's laws. If you have legal fireworks to light, always use caution and light them in areas that are clear of others and away from anything flammable. Also, do not allow small children to handle fireworks.
- The 4th of July is typically a warm day, so don't forget to practice warm weather safety. This includes staying properly hydrated at all times and bringing extra water with you wherever you go. If you're planning on a BBQ, understand grilling and fire safety. Don't let small children around hot grills and take caution when lighting any fires.
- You should always protect yourself from the sun when outdoors. This includes using sun protection on your skin and wearing the appropriate clothing including hats and sunglasses.
We hope that these safety tips will allow you to have an amazing July 4th holiday. We wish you the best, and happy Independence Day from FloState Auto Diesel Repair.